I'm THRILLED for YOU!
You've taken the first step toward understanding what 99% of Pain Physicians don't know: for much, if not most, of the chronic pain that exists, CURE IS POSSIBLE. The false belief that Chronic Pain means 'Pain Forever' is disproved every day in my office and others like it, around the world. Doctors' misconceptions about what Chronic Pain is, what it signals in terms of injury (most doctors incorrectly believe chronic pain is not related to ongoing injury), and the erroneous belief that Chronic Pain is something to be 'managed' rather than 'fixed' have led us to our current 'Opioid Crisis.'
YOU are about to leave the well-trodden, well-meaning, but broken modern tradition of HOPELESSNESS medicine. You are about to join a small, but growing group of individuals who recognize that science - real science - not magic, not the sanctioned wishing of modern medicine - is the key to cure.
This small booklet, Treatments for Chronic Pain that Actually WORK! has been my business card for over 5 years. Now, in its most recent release, you, too, will find hope in the basic understanding that Chronic Pain almost always signals ongoing injury, that the source of that injury is detectable by properly trained physicians, and that the injuries, once detected, can very, very frequently be repaired.
Mitchell Cohn, DO: Speaker, Author, Recognized Leader in the
Advancement & Training of Pain Diagnostics and Treatment
Dr. Cohn has been an osteopathic physician for nearly 30 years. He currently practices osteopathic manipulative medicine (OMM) with a focus on pain and neuromusculoskeletal disorders in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, Michigan. He employs other highly effective methods of treatment including Prolotherapy, PRP, and Lyftogt Perineural Injection Therapy. He has received multiple awards and recognition as one of the top pain physicians and thought leaders on healthcare in Michigan and nationally.
His other publications
- Osteopathy and the Zombie Apocalypse: Why You Want an Osteopathic Doctor with You at the End of the World!
- Osteopathy and the Zombie Apocalypse: A Career Guide for Premedical Students
- Quotes, Quips, and Odd Little Bits About Osteopathy and Medicine
as well as his work as a physician advisor with Healthtap.com and other organizations, have introduced osteopathy and OMM to many, many people. As a result, many have become not only new patients of osteopathic physicians, but devoted advocates of OMM and Osteopathic Principles of Practice.
Dr. Cohn has also written numerous articles including “Difference Between Osteopathic Manipulation & Chiropractic - a Universal Question,” which has been read nearly 15,000 times as well as analyses of osteopathic research and modern medical paradigms and pain treatment.
Dr. Cohn has also worked as a medicolegal consultant, behind the scenes for several years and has testified as an expert witness, as well. His writings on expert case-work have also appeared in Trial Diplomacy Journal.
As a Speaker, Dr. Cohn has presented Osteopathic and pain treatment concepts through numerous venues including multiple seminars and even a Lecture/Workshop for osteopathic and allopathic (MD) medical students at the American Medical Student Association's national convocation in Washington, DC. The seminars and workshops have been universally - and to the surprise of many skeptics - very well-received. Just as with his publications, many young professionals who were undecided as to the usefulness or even legitimacy of Osteopathic Medicine and its treatment for pain have expressed a change of heart and much gratitude for the opportunity to learn these vital concepts.
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Association Prolotherapy and Regenerative Medicine
Prior Memberships have included
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Ingham County Osteopathic Association
- American Cranial Academy
His education in Osteopathic Manipulation is Extensive including more than TWO YEARS of post-Graduate Study in Biomechanics, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, and Family Medicine at Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine
and the many courses listed, below:
- Principles of Manual Medicine
- Medical Presentation Skills Workshop
- Integrated Neuromuscular and Myofascial Release I
- Integrated Neuromuscular Release
- Clinical Determination of Disability
- Counterstrain course and workshop
- Level I Muscle Energy
- Cranial Level I
- Cranial Level II
- Exercise Prescription as Adjunct to Manual Medicine
- OB/GYN: Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy Review
- Level I Functional Indirect Technique
- Advanced Clinical Integration of Manual Med
- Prolotherapy – Below the Waist
- Conscious Sedation – Oral and Intravenous
- Lyftogt Perineural Injection Therapy I
- Lyftogt Perineural Injection Therapy II
- Master Level, Lyftogtmed - Lyftogt Perineural Injection
- And Much MORE
To your health and comfort!
Mitchell A. Cohn, DO